With today’s technology and everyone having smartphones your security is paramount. You have to watch out for yourself and manage what you take in and what what networks you access. Free networks allow anyone to get online and if you are going online, others can see what you are doing and gain access to your computer or even worse you accounts. So pay attention to how you are accessing the internet and what you doing.
Remember these 5 tips:
- Open and free WiFi zones are nice, just make sure you are on a trusted site and you manage what information you are typing in your phone.
- Manage your passwords, which means use a software or app that will secure your passwords when accessing domains or personal accounts
- Change your passwords frequently. At least every 6 months you should use your software or app to auto generate a secure password for you.
- Don’t use easy passwords. Your super secret password repeating number or letters is not hack proof. Be smart and use secure passwords.
- Don’t access your bank accounts or personal account on unsecured networks. Make sure you are using a safe and secure site.